Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Pieces Are Falling Together

So a big day today. After a night of editing we have a extended trailer for the film that will premiere at our Producer's, Shannon Marie Welch, graduation on Friday August 29th. The trailer is strictly for personal use and won't be released to the public until the original music is added. I did however, meet with our composer today, Christy Carew, who also scored "B-O-M-B" for me back in May. She has some great ideas and I'm really excited to see what she comes up with for the film. Over the last week I interviewed several production houses and people about sound and visual graphics. I'm happy to report that we have brought on Jory Hyman as our visual effects artist. He has some great ideas for the special effects that will be used in the film. There will be some photos below showcasing what he has envisioned for the film so far. As for sound I think we will have a deal very soon that will insure that we have a final sound mix down and promotional material for the festivals come this winter.

Everyday I look at the film and get excited at what this group has helped to create. I love feeling that others share in my excitement for this project, and only want to see more. I plan to fill their need in due time. For now its back to work. I start work on another film tomorrow, and through the rest of the week. I think it might be great to take my mind off the film just for a few days. Anyway off on another adventure. Now onward!

-DK

P.S. Here are some concept photos Jory has sent over. Enjoy!








No comments: